Tuesday, January 10, 2012

There are NO shortcuts!!!...

I know that I just posted something yesterday, but I need to elaborate on my post about doing things the right way in this business.  This past Summer, I attempted to open my own wrestling school, the Rockzilla Pro Wrestling Academy, which ended up with me training one guy, Eli McFly.  I LOVE training people, and I feel that Eli having me one-on-one actually worked out better for him, because it was a little more personal and I think he picked up on things better that way.

The problem with running the school is that I get these people that say they want to train, but drag their fucking feet forever and make excuses why they can't.  "I don't have the money right now."  Okay, so GET THE MONEY!!!  "I don't know if I want to drive that far."  Okay, so don't.  Everyone always says that "pro wrestling is all I have ever wanted to do."  Well, if that is true, THEN DO IT!!!  Make the commitment, find the money, and DO IT ALREADY!!!  Don't sit here and talk about it for the rest of your life, get your ass motivated, change your life, and START TRAINING!!!

I eventually gave up on a few of the people because I could tell that they were not serious about it.  They were those people that think "oh, well that might be cool."  These people know who they are too, because all 3 of them read this blog and have contacted me within the last few weeks about a few things.  Which in lies the problem.

The BIG problem is that I think these guys feel that they can just stroll into the business without having to train.  Some of them have done backyard wrestling, gotten themselves onto indy shows, and probably think that they know what they are doing.  I can tell each of you right here, right now, YOU DO NOT KNOW SHIT!!!!!!!!!!  Just the fact that you are asking me to get you into promotions proves that you KNOW ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ABOUT THE WRESTLING BUSINESS!!!

Needless to say, I have taken a break from training for right now.  I was using another guy's ring and building before, and that kind of fell through.  Also, I want MY OWN place.  I want to be able to say "this is MY wrestling school."  So I am going to put things on hold and try to help point people in the right direction, like to Truth Martini's school The House of Truth in Detroit, MI, Jeff Cannon's school The Big Guns Academy in Coshocton, OH, and Cody Hawk's school Rockstar Pro in the Cincy area, until I get enough money behind my own place.

To all the people that want to get into professional wrestling, there are NO SHORTCUTS!!!  If you want to do it, then find a school and get properly trained.  If you are currently working indy shows and are not trained, get your ass out of that ring and into a school to train, because YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU ARE DOING!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment