Tuesday, March 27, 2012

"It's not gay, it's pro wrestling..."

Hello, my name is Ernie Ballz, and I am a professional wrestler.   (Hi Ernie…)
I wear tights and roll around with sweaty men inside of a box that is surrounded by ropes.  I get naked in a small room with other men on a weekly basis.  It’s not gay, it’s pro wrestling…
I strut around like a jackass just to get a reaction from people who normally would look at me like I am mentally ill.  I wear the most ridiculous outfits that I can create in my mind that would make Elton John & Rupaul have an aneurism.  It’s not gay, it’s pro wrestling…
I drive hours away for shitty money with 2-3 other men in my car smelling like farts and sweat.  The “normal” public sees me as a weirdo, while I just see this weird shit as being normal.  It’s not gay, it’s pro wrestling…
I walk through Target and get excited when I pass the toy aisle because I want to see what figures they came out with.  I worship a man that used to play the bagpipes, wore a dress, and hit people with coconuts.  It’s not gay, it’s pro wrestling…
Normal people do not understand the passion that I have; they just see it as a “phase.”  I tell them about a show and they either look at me like a deer in headlights or laugh at me.  It’s not gay, it’s pro wrestling.
I have spent 10 years of my life in an industry that most would not last 10 minutes in.  I am 28 years old and feel like I am 50 because of the punishment that I have taken from other men.  It’s not gay, it’s pro wrestling…
I worry more about my appearance more than a 14 year old girl whose boobies have not come in yet.  Many of the men I wrestle with have made tanning a part of their everyday schedule.  It’s not gay, it’s pro wrestling…
Pink is a color that is acceptable for men to wear in our industry.  A man with the nickname of “the Hammer” and a man with a move called “the Thump” are legends in our industry.  It’s not gay, it’s pro wrestling…
A man that dressed like a woman, threw flowers to the crowd, and called himself “Gorgeous” changed our industry forever.  The more flamboyant and over-the-top that you are in our industry is the better that you are.  It’s not gay, it’s pro wrestling…
I am an athlete…
I am an entertainer…
I am a professional wrestler…

No comments:

Post a Comment